Brief Summary of Wayne Coleman’s Credentials
Training Assembly Managers and Employees
Wayne Coleman has performed all event functions including ticket seller, ticket taker, usher, concessions stand, parking lot attendant, maintenance services, scoreboard operator, press attendant, house manager, HR manager, recruiter, trainer, and more.
- Professional Trainer for 30+ years, a Trainer of Trainers.
- Founded TAME (Training Assembly Managers and Employees) in 1991 to meet the training needs of the venue industry.
- Creates and conducts training seminars for theatres and concert halls, performing arts centers, amphitheaters, convention centers, arenas, stadiums, tent shows, festivals, etc.
- Conducts management retreats for senior and mid-level venue managers.
- Conducts “secret shopper” studies for venues including diagnostic reports with suggestions for improvement.
- Trains all levels of personnel from front office executives through all event staff positions including concessions.
- Speaker at numerous IAVM District meetings (International Association of Venue Managers).
- Speaker at IAVM International Conferences.
- Featured speaker at seven International Crowd Management Conferences (ICMC).
- Authored and conducted IAVM’s “Developing World Class Guest Relations,” a two-day training event attended by over 150 facilities including representatives of numerous MLB, NHL and NBA teams.
- Co-developed and co-conducted IAVM’s three-day “Training Crowd Managers” seminar, a train-the-trainer workshop for venue in-house trainers.
- Authored and conducted a three-day training program for IAVM, “The Complete Supervisor,” covering all supervisory skills from recruiting, selection interviewing, orienting, training, performance evaluation and review, coaching, feedback, motivating, disciplining, delegating, time management, termination and more.
- Authored a Facilitator’s Guide for 24/7: Post 9-11 Security for Public Assembly Facilities video developed by MLB, NFL, NBA and NHL.
- Created Crowd Management training and Conflict Mitigation training programs for NBA Security, 2005.
- Developed and facilitated customized seminars for numerous facilities.
- Authored “Let’s Go Again” article for IAVM’s Facility Manager magazine, presenting ways to create memorable guest experiences, increase frequency of visits and merchandise sales.
- Authored “How To Train Event Employees” manual and conducted same seminar for IAVM’s Performing Arts Seminar and for numerous venue types.
- Created and conducted “How to Motivate Event Employees” for IAVM and numerous clients.
- Conceived, scripted, and co-directed an event staff training video, “Customer Service Begins with Me”.
- Authored the “Customer Service Begins with Me” facilitation manual, which is being used by over 400 facilities in North America.
- Authored “60+ Ways to Motivate Event Employees” for Facility Manager Magazine.
- Authored TQM: Is It Passé or Viable? for Facility Manager Magazine.
- Developed and published Georgia Dome’s first Event Employee Handbook and Polices and Procedures manual.
- National Training Director for a 1,500-office organization, 1980-82.
- BS in Aeronautical Engineering; MBA, Master of Business Administration